Tickets will be sold this Thursday at both Universities from 12:00 to 12:15.
Ready for an adrenaline-filled Ski Trip to Akureyri?
Please fill in this form if you are interested!!
A spot is not reserved until paid!!!
Looking over Eyjafjörður with 7 ski lifts and snow machines spread across the hills of the 1100m tall mountain Hlíðarfjall, we are going to the best skiing area in Iceland.
ESNcard holders: 15.500 kr.-
Non-ESNcard holders: 18.000 kr.-
1-day ski-pass: 4410 kr.-
2-day ski-pass: 7020 kr.-
All the ski/snowboard renting is paid at Hlíðarfjall when we will arrive. Here are the prices of renting, we get 10% (you can rent either one day or two days).
Our plan is the following:
- 12:00: Leave from Háskólatorg (HÍ)
- 18:00-19:00: Visit the Kaldi Brewery in Árskógasandur
- 20:00: Pizza/Pasta Buffet at Bautinn or La Vita Bella
- Stay at Akureyri Backpackers in 4-8 person dorms
- 09:15: Our bus will take us to Hlíðafjall early in the morning.
- 10:00-16:00 Enjoy the slopes and maybe some hot chocolate.
- 16:30: The bus brings us back into Akureyri after the lifts close.
- Try out the food scene in town and PARTY !!
- 09:15: Again to Hlíðafjall in the morning
- 10:00-15:00 Enjoy the slopes and maybe some hot chocolate.
- 15.00: Going Back to backpackers
- 16:30: Leave Backpackers to Reykjavík
- Arrival in Reykjavik late in the evening around 21-22
We have a backup plan in case the weather will not be on our side on the mountain. The backup plan is though not included in the price and would be paid for separately in Akureyri.
09:15: Leave from Backpackers towards Mývatn
13:00: Mývatn - Nature Baths
15:30: Leave from Mývatn - Nature Baths
17:00: Arrive back to Backpackers
Price for a backup plan:
Included in the price:
Bus to Akureyri and back
Visit a brewery called Kaldi on our way North
Hostel with Saturday and Sunday, pillowcase and sheets (YOU NEED TO BRING YOUR OWN SLEEPING BAG) possibility to rent a sleeping bag for 990kr.
Dinner on Friday night at Bautinn restaurant (Pizzas, Pasta, French fries, and Salad)
Bus from the Hostel to the Mountain and back both days.
Not included in the Price:
Pillow and sleeping bag
Lunch and breakfast on Saturday and Sunday
Dinner on Saturday (there is a kitchen in the hostel)
Renting of ski equipment
ESN amazing Ski trip
Please fill in this form if you are interested: