An adrenaline-filled Ski Trip to Akureyri!
Looking over Eyjafjörður with 7 ski lifts and snow machines spread across the hills of the 1100m tall mountain Hlíðarfjall, we are going to the best skiing area in Iceland.
Registration is up :
ESNcard holders : 16.500 kr.-
Non-ESNcard holders: 18.500 kr.-
1 day ski-pass : 4500 kr.-
2 day ski-pass : 7000 kr.-
Example : ESNcard holder + 2 day ski-pass = 23.500 kr.-
Example without ski-pass (ESNcard holder) = 16.500 kr.-
Included in the Price :
Bus to Akureyri and back
Visit to a brewery called Kaldi on our way North
Hostel with breakfast saturday and sunday, pillowcase and sheets.
Dinner buffet on Friday night at Bautinn restaurant (Pizzas, Pasta, French fries and Salad)
Bus from the Hostel to the Mountain and back both days.
Party on Saturday night at Pósthúsbarinn.
Not included in the Price :
Pillow and duvet
Lunch on saturday and sunday
Dinner on saturday
Renting of ski equipment
A spot on the trip is not reserved until paid for.
Place for accepting payments:
Pub Quiz next week!
Renting is paid for at the Mountain separately (please fill in the registration info for renting)
With 7 ski lifts and snow machines spread across its hills, Hlíðarfjall is the best ski area in Iceland!
- 12:00 : Leave from Háskólatorg (HÍ)
- 18:00-19:00 : Visit the Kaldi Brewery in Árskógasandur
- 20:00 : Pizza/Pasta Buffet at Bautinn or La Vita Bella
- Stay at Akureyri Backpackers in 4-8 person dorms
- 09:15 : Our bus will take us to Hlíðafjall early in the morning.
- 10:00-16:00 Enjoy the slopes and maybe some hot chocolate.
- 16:30 : The bus brings us back into Akureyri after the lifts close.
- Try out the food scene in town and PARTY at Pósthúsbarinn!!
- 09:15 : Again to Hlíðafjall in the morning
- 10:00-15:00 Enjoy the slopes and maybe some hot chocolate.
- 15.00 : Going Back to backpackers
- 16:30 : Leave Backpackers to Reykjavík
- Arrival in Reykjavik late in the evening around 21-22
Bring: Warm clothes, lunch packs, skis/snowboard (optional), Swim clothes and towel (in case we/you go swimming), Alcohol(optional) and a funny joke (mandatory)!
a) Skiing requires snow, we are under the mercy of the weather gods on this one. Ski passes will be reimbursed in the case of unfortunate weather.
b)The pizza and pasta party on Friday is included in the price. Breakfast at Backpackers on Saturday and Sunday is included in the price, but lunches and Saturday dinner will be your own responsibility.
c) We have backup plan in case the weather will not be on our side in the mountain. The backup plan is though not included in the price and would be paid for separately in Akureyri.
09:15 : Leave from Backpackers towards Mývatn
10:30 : Goðafoss
12:00 : Námafjall
13:00 : Mývatn - Nature Baths
15:30 : Leave from Mývatn - Nature Baths
17:00 : Arrive back to Backpackers
Price for backup plan:
From 2000-3000 kr.-
Remember to have fun and leave your mark in the hills of Hlíðarfjall, you don't want to miss out on this one! :D